Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Journal #5 Twitter

I joined Twitter a couple weeks ago.  I definitely feel a little overwhelmed when looking  at feeds on Twitter because prior to this class I did not use any social media sites.  I did like quite a few of the activities mentioned in the Twitter resources folders. 
I think that Twitter could be a great resource to use in the classroom. I think that students can use the hashtag #DidYouKnow to find out various interesting and entertaining facts.  I think it could be used as a quick daily activity that students would be very engaged in.  They could check each morning upon coming to class and share with the whole class about the daily #DidYouKnow.  I also like the idea of using the #History to learn about something that happened that day in history.  I think it could be a fun way for students to learn about various important events throughout history. 
I am still exploring using Twitter as a professional development tool.  I think that Twitter can be a great resource for educators to connect to one another and share ideas. 
I currently do not see myself using Twitter in my classroom as a tool for the students to use because I teach Kinder and I do not think my students could use Twitter independently. I do think I could use Twitter as a resource to share with my students.  I think my students would like to know something like #DidYouKnow as long as it was facts they could relate to/understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment