Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Journal #4 Project Plan


  • Site title: Kinder Kraze

  • Developer: Tiffany Stubblefield
  • Rational or Focus: The goal for my site is to provide all the information my student's parents need regarding my class in one resource that they can access anywhere at anytime.  I would like to basically include all the information parents would receive about the class when attending a back to school night or meet the teacher night.  I would also like my parents to be able to view the site and see what we are focusing on in class, what we will be doing next, important dates/events, and strategies/resources they can use at home to reinforce what their child is learning at school.
  • Main features outline:
    Main homepage/welcome page
      - weekly newsletter
      -announcements
      -what we are learning this week
  • Content: 
    -Homepage/welcome page
          Sub topics/web pages
        -about me
        -classroom expectations/behavior system (classroom management)
        -homework procedures
        -Year at a glance
        -upcoming dates/events
        -resources
        -kinder standards
      
  • Target audience :The directed audience of the site is the parents of my students. I would like the site to be a resource for the parents and allow for me to ensure they have up to date information about my class and their child's eduction.
  • Design considerations: 
    -I would like the site to be very user friendly
    -I would like to have a main "welcome" page and then tabs along to the top for my various pages within my site
    -layout/format to be accessible via computer, tablet, smartphone
    -colorful and creative (like kindergarten is!)
    -kindergarten focuses on seasons and holidays, I would like to change the main "welcome" page depending on the season/holiday.
    -my classroom theme this year is Pete the Cat, I would like my site design to go along with that theme as well.
  • Limiting factors:
    -I am new to creating web sites and using HTML code
    -I am not sure how to add interactive elements to my site
    -I want to have many different elements to my site, but I am worried I might be taking on too much for my first site 

No comments:

Post a Comment