Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Journal #6 Self Reflection


I have definitely learned a great deal about coding, HTML, CSS, and building basic webpages while taking this course.  Learning how to produce webpages using HTML codes and CSS has not been easy for me.  The textbook exercises challenged me but I was able to work past my comfort zone to learn how to complete the book exercises.

One thing I struggle with is correctly entering code into the text editor to achieve the desired outcome.  I often will make one tiny mistake that impacts my entire webpage.  I have accidentally mixed up a colon where a semi colon was needed and that one mistake drastically affects the entire page.  It was also a challenge for me to understand when and where to place tags and end tags, but I think that practicing the book exercises really helped me with that area.  The more and more I practiced coding basic webpage elements in class and at home has payed off because I do feel that I have made a great deal of progress over the last 10 weeks.

The most challenging assignment for me so far has been creating the link for all my book exercises.  It was challenging to make sure all my links were correctly set up and working properly.  I also purchased a new MAC computer so I was teaching myself how to use a MAC (I have previously only used PC) while also trying to complete the assignment and transfer all my work to my new laptop as well.  This was also my most rewarding assignment I have completed because I am so proud of myself for completing the assignment!  It is very rewarding to see all my hard work come to life on the CPP server and on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment